- This event has passed.
MidVision Announces Release of RapidDeploy 5.0
August 18, 2017
New version of market-leading deployment automation software drives cloud-native DevOps, ChatOps collaboration and improved customer experience.
London, UK – July 24th, 2017. MidVision, a leading provider of software for release pipeline orchestration and deployment automation, today announced version 5.0 of its top-ranked DevOps solution, RapidDeploy. MidVision’s RapidDeploy automates, orchestrates and organizes complex release cycles for enterprise software delivery, enabling teams to release more often while decreasing risk.
With the maturity, speed, and quality of software releases becoming a key competitive differentiator, enterprises are adopting DevOps across the board to optimize their software delivery pipeline. DevOps enables greater speed and agility while mitigating the risk of failed or broken releases.
The latest version of RapidDeploy, RapidDeploy 5.0, includes a simplified user experience organized around the key tasks involved in deployment, continuous delivery pipeline improvements, and enhancements to collaboration plugins including Hipchat, Slack, Twitter, and Skype.
Enhancements to the RapidDeploy command line enforce even greater security and allow command line users to invoke job plan and project jobs. New database plugins for DBmaestro, Liquibase, and Flyway also replace single database plugins.
With an increased number of business critical workloads taking place in the cloud, continued enhancements to our cloud plugins allow infrastructure to be provisioned, scaled and decommissioned across AWS, Azure and VMware.
Richard Bettison, CTO MidVision commented “RapidDeploy 5.0 makes it easier than ever for release managers, DevOps architects and developers to achieve their goal of a robust, repeatable, reliable release pipeline – from automation and release management through to orchestration. With the release of RapidDeploy 5.0, we can drive even greater improvements in overall software delivery performance and software delivery speed, supporting our Fortune 500 customers in delivering digital transformation.”
RapidDeploy 5.0 Release Highlights
- Continued focus on user experience. We have simplified the application navigation and message to focus on the four main pillars of RapidDeploy:
- Resources – What we deploy
- Infrastructure – Where we deploy
- Project – How we deploy
- Job Plans – When (in time and in relation to other dependencies) we deploy
- Continuous Delivery pipeline improvements, including pipeline branching, pipeline step plugin API and additional pipeline step plugins added.
- Collaboration / Communications. Enhancement to social plugins including Slack, HipChat, Twitter and Skype.
- Enhancements to the RapidDeploy command line for security and to allow command line users to invoke job plan and project jobs.
- New multi-database plugins for Dbmaestro, Liquibase and Flyway to replace single database plugins.
- Cloud Operations: Continued enhancements to our cloud plugins to allow infrastructure to be provisioned, scaled and decommissioned across AWS, Azure and VMware.
- Enhancements to IBM middleware plugins to include the latest versions of WebSphere Application Server, MQ, DataPower and IBM Information Broker
- New tasks for interconversion of JSON, YAML and XML to aid tool integration.
- Improvements for Microsoft Windows to include improvements to the Team Foundation Server plugin and Registry management.
- Improvements to external resource plugins to further improve the ability to import deployable resources including by addition of a Team Foundation Server and Git external library plugins.
- Full IPv6 support across the application.
Version 5.0 of RapidDeploy is available now.
MidVision is an independent, founder owned provider of Application Release Automation software and management solutions across complex multi-tier environments. MidVision’s clients include some of the world’s leading blue chip and governmental organisations.
PR and Marketing