The Perforce Helix plugin is not installed by default in the RapidDeploy installation. It will need to be installed from the plugin manager before you can access any of the Helix tasks or the Helix library plugin. If you have a direct internet connection and need to install the plugin, the easiest way to do this is via the Plugin Manager when you are logged into RapidDeploy. Log in to RapidDeploy and navigate to:
- System -> Plugin Manager -> Available Plugins Tab
- Search for the ‘Helix’ plugin and click the icon in the ‘Install’ column to the right of the row.
- Re-enter your password. The install progress can be followed on the ‘Running Jobs’ panel.
- In order to use the plugin, you will need to restart RapidDeploy.
If your RapidDeploy instance does not have an internet connection you can download the Perforce Helix plugin here.
This plugin is not shipped with the RapidDeploy installation by default. A complete set of tasks and actions for the plugins is available within RapidDeploy when the plugins are installed using the Plugin Manager. The task help is contextual and provides information on the values and attributes required to configure these plugins.
- Perforce Helix library Plugin (For all versions of Helix)
- The plugin adds a Helix Repository Operations task to the server orchestration task list to enable you to carry out repository operations against a Helix repository during job execution. Can choose from the following operations to perform: One of: checkout, submitEditedFile, submitAddedFile, resynchronise, deleteFile. The submitEditedFile, submitAddedFile, deleteFile require a filePath entry.
- The plugin adds a Get Change Set List task to to the server orchestration task list to enable you to retrieve all the changes submitted to specified helix repository.
- The plugin adds a Helix Library connector to enable artifacts stored in a Helix repository to be added to the deployment package at package time or runtime.